Rapid Bond 7
Two-components methacrylate adhesive offering extreme levels of strength, speed and safety for the structural bonding of modern materials. 4 to 7 minutes working time
Features & Benefits
- High shear strength - ideal for use on structural joining of metals, composites and plastics
- Primerless bonding for most metals, including steel and aluminum - minimal surface preparation
- Excellent resistance to hydrocarbons, acids and salt solutions - wide range of application possibilities in harsh environments
- Latest acrylic elastomer chemistry - large bond gap fill with fast cure and rapid build strength
Always use in a well-ventilated area. When components are mixed together heat is generated, the amount of heat will depend on the thickness of the bond line.
1. Abrade surface to be bonded with medium grit paper, then wipe clean.
2. Cleaning with KENT Acrysol or Soft Surface Cleaner is preferred.
3. Attach correct nozzle and insert into applicator gun.
4. Extrude first 20 mm of KENT Rapid Bond and discard to ensure a proper mix has been achieved in the nozzle.
5. Apply KENT Rapid Bond to one surface only, press parts together with finger pressure only. Ensure that the bond gap is completely filled when the two parts are joined. Allow for squeeze out at the edges of the bond, to ensure even filling.
6. Carefully clamp parts, if required, to secure the bond and prevent joint movement while the adhesive cures. Do not apply excessive pressure that may cause an excessively thin bond line.
7. Working time is approx. 4-7 minutes. Final cure is achieved after 24 hours.
8. Use a sharp paring tool to remove excess adhesive, partially cured adhesive can be removed with sharp knife, cured material can be removed by sanding / scraping.
N.B.: Always apply KENT Rapid Bond in beads across surface of larger areas.