Two-components methacrylate adhesive offering extreme levels of strength, speed and flexibility for the structural bonding of modern materials. 5 or 15 minutes working time.
Features & Benefits
- High shear strength - ideal for use on structural joining of metals, composites and plastics
- Primerless bonding for most metals, including steel and aluminum - minimal surface preparation
- Excellent resistance to hydrocarbons, acids and salt solutions - wide range of application possibilities in harsh environments, excellent aging properties
- Room temperature cured - does not attack surfaces, no yellowing and fast cure with rapid strength build
- Latest acrylic elastomer chemistry - remains flexible and allows filling large bond gap
1. Abrade surface to be bonded with medium grit paper, then wipe clean.
2. Cleaning with KENT Acrysol or Soft Surface Cleaner is preferred.
3. Balance cartridge, then attach correct nozzle and insert into applicator gun.
4. Extrude first 20 mm of KENT Rapid Bond and discard to ensure a proper mix has been achieved in the nozzle.
5. Apply KENT Rapid Bond to one surface only, press parts together with finger pressure only. Ensure that the bond gap is completely filled when the two parts are joined. Allow for squeeze out at the edges of the bond, to ensure even filling.
6. Carefully clamp parts, if required, to secure the bond and prevent joint movement while the adhesive cures. Do not apply excessive pressure that may cause an excessively thin bond line.
7. Use a sharp paring tool to remove excess adhesive, partially cured adhesive can be removed with sharp knife, cured material can be removed by sanding / scraping.
N.B.: Always use in a well-ventilated area. Apply KENT Rapid Bond in beads across surface of larger areas.