Garages, bodyshops and car service companies rely on the premium products from KENT for more than 25 years. Because Professionals trust Professionals: In extensive test processes, our experts examine the performance of the products and guarantee highest quality. All automotive products are available with certificates from TÜV, TNO and other test reports.
A high performance single part polyurethane adhesive specially developed for direct glazing applications.
Features & Benefits
- Tack free time of 15 minutes - less clamping
- High modulus - maintains torsional rigidity of the vehicle
- 1 hour drive away with double airbag - fast return of vehicle to customer
1. After removal of the old windscreen, remove remaining sealant until a flat bead of approximately 4 mm high remains.
2. Verify if there are scratches on and around the pinchweld. Apply the KENT Etch Primer on the scratches to prevent corrosion to appear.
3. Use KENT Screenprep Wipe to clean the ceramic layer of the windscreen. Leave to dry for approximately 5 to 10 minutes depending from the environmental applicative conditions.
4. Before use, shake the container of KENT Primer Black well. Apply the KENT Primer Black in a uniform manner on the ceramic coating of the glass surface using the special applicator. Leave to dry for approximately 5-10 minutes.
5. Apply a triangular bead of the PU adhesive to the edge of the glass or the windscreen body flange, using the specially shaped nozzle. While applying the urethane adhesive, keep the gun at a 90° angle with respect to the glass surface. The end of the adhesive beading must overlap the initial part by approx. 20 mm in order to avoid infiltrations.
6. The new windscreen must be placed in position within 8-10 minutes. Apply light pressure all round perimeter of glass to ensure good contact with the adhesive bed. Keep vehicle doors and side windows open throughout glass installation.
7. Refit trims and mouldings. Remove any excess adhesive before it hardens.