Garages, bodyshops and car service companies rely on the premium products from KENT for more than 25 years. Because Professionals trust Professionals: In extensive test processes, our experts examine the performance of the products and guarantee highest quality. All automotive products are available with certificates from TÜV, TNO and other test reports.
Spider Wire HS
Ultra strong windscreen cutting wire made of high modular PE fibers.
Features & Benefits
- Very thin wire - easier to get into very narrow spaces without causing damages
- Less friction - easier and faster to cut through the adhesive bead
- Reduced risk of snapping - no loss of working time or money
- Less damageable than steel wires - prevents material damages and makes the application safer
- Re-usable up to 4 times - saves money and improves the process
1. Clean the windscreen inside the vehicle with New All Purpose Foam Cleaner and a microfibre cloth.
2. Remove all covers, trims and sealings around the windscreen.
3. Pass the needle from the inside of the car through the adhesive line around the windscreen to the outside of the car. We recommend to pass the needle in one of the corners of the windscreen, where you will have the possibility to attach the end of the wire to the car body, e.g. a wiper arm or a screw.
4. Insert the end of the wire in the needle and pull it into the inside of the car carefully. Choose the length of the wire in a way that the end of it will be passed the middle of the windscreen.
5. Attach the end of the wire to the pulling tractor (with 2 suction cups) of the Windscreen Cut-Out tool.
6. Place the pulling tractor in the middle of the windscreen. The pulling tractor has to be placed always in a way that the wire has an angle of max. 450 to the windscreen in cutting direction. (The pulley with one suction cup can be used to adjust the angle of the cutting wire in relation to the cutting direction).
7. Place the wire around the windscreen. Place it in a way that it will be below the windscreen edge and it is applied tight to the windscreen glue.
8. After the wire has been placed around the windscreen, cut the wire and fix this end to e.g. the fixing screw of a wiper arm or any other screw.
9. With a ratchet, slowly start cutting out the windscreen. To avoid damage to the dashboard or other interior covers, we recommend the use of protectors.
10. As soon as the wire has achieved an angle of less than 5° into the cutting direction, the pulling tractor has to be placed on another spot of the windscreen in a way that the wire has again an angle of max 45°. Alternatively, use the pulley with one suction cup to adjust the angle of the cutting wire.
NB: Do not use Spider Wire HS with simple handles. Spider Wire HS is designed to be used with the Windscreen Cut-Out tool.
|1 PC Blue||86592||TDS|