Garages, bodyshops and car service companies rely on the premium products from KENT for more than 25 years. Because Professionals trust Professionals: In extensive test processes, our experts examine the performance of the products and guarantee highest quality. All automotive products are available with certificates from TÜV, TNO and other test reports.
Lights Clear Coat Primer
Primer for 2K Lights Clear Coat
Features & Benefits
- 2K product - higher chemical resistance than 1K products
- 2K Aerosol Packaging - no spray gun needed and therefore no cleaning of the gun
- Wide spray fan - spray pattern is similar to a spray gun
- Excellent flow proprieties - provides perfect finish
- Does not alter the characteristics of the plastic - retains mechanical properties of the plastic
- High UV protection - prevents yellowing of surfaces
- Does not pulverize with ageing - long-lasting
1. Mask the non-transparent part of the head light. If you do not disassemble the head light mask the car as well and protect the wing, hood, etc. with KENT Waterproof Tape to protect against scratches while sanding.
2. Clean the surface with Soft Surface Cleaner and allow to flash off
3. Dry sanding:
- Sand the entire diffusion area the headlight using a sanding machine with a diameter of 75 mm or 150 mm.
For checking purposes wipe the surface after each sanding process with a dust-laying cloth.
- Remove the original UV-clear coat totally from the damaged area using P180 sanding paper.
- Sand over any marks and scratches.
- Sand the entire surface of the headlight first with P240, then with P320.
- Sand the entire surface with P400, P600, P800, P1200, P3000 and finally with P4000-grit.
By doing this any surface irregularities caused by grinding grooves can be excluded.
- Check the results between each sanding stage.
4. Clean with KENT water based Panel Degreaser.
CAUTION! At this point only use a mild, water based silicone remover, otherwise the substrate may be damaged.
5.Check whether the surface of the headlight is transparent and free from grinding grooves.
6. Shake the can well for 2 minutes.
7. Apply 1 dust coat followed by a full coat of the headlight primer with a spray distance of 10 –15 cm
8.Allow to dry for approx. 30 min at 20°C
N.B. The headlight primer gives an opaque film.
Full transparency is achieved by the following protective coating.